Sunday, November 23, 2014

November 23, 2014: Our Lord Jesus Christ, King of the Universe

So I'm helping dog-sit my grandma's dog.  He's claimed two different chairs in the living room as his own, and has for several nights gotten into the habit of hopping up on my bed to sleep there, as if he's my bedmate.  This has prompted my Mom to refer to him as "king of the castle".

This feast celebrates Christ as King.  He is the One who reigns over the world, working to bring us back to God our Father, which is the ultimate victory that comes at the End of Time, as St. Paul speaks of in the 2nd reading.

To this end, He is a King that comes down to be present and identify with the lowly of this world.  He cares for His vulnerable, weak sheep.

And He makes it clear that as His people, we are to do the same.  In the Judgment at the End of Time, He holds us accountable for how we have cared for those who He cares about, with whom He identifies.

No comments:

Post a Comment