The parable in the Gospel reading doesn't make sense economically. It's a story that reveals the abundant generosity of our God. When our sins broke our relationship with Him, He saved us, offering us abundant grace and mercy so we could live the abundant life of faith in Him.
While we may feel that some are undeserving, like those who come to faith toward the end of earthly life, what counts is that our God is generous in giving us what we don't deserve. His grace is enough to lead us to Heaven, and to transform us so that we reflect His image in this world while on the way to Heaven. By embracing His grace and mercy, we can live a life with great purpose in devotion to God, magnifying Him by living out the gifts He has given us.
On this Catechetical Sunday, I'm grateful for the ways I experience Heaven as I lead my students to encounter God and grow in relationship with Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment