Saturday, April 9, 2016

April 4, 2016: Annunciation of the Lord unto Mary

While delayed, I feel like putting in a good word for this important feast, which was delayed this year until April 4.  (Notably, the timing of nine months before December 25 fell on Cross Friday.  I heard something on Relevant Radio that early Christians believed life and death happened on the same day.  And since they remembered Christ's death on March 25, they celebrated His Birth 9 months later on December 25.)

It's amazing what happens when someone says yes.  While it seemed impossible that anyone could be born of a virgin, let alone God, all Mary had to do was say, "Yes," and God took care of the rest.  It's a great model for us who follow the Lord as His disciples.

In my own life, I thought of this story right before this RE year began, when I was asked to take on a second class.  I said yes, not knowing how things would turn out, and what a blessing it's been.

No comments:

Post a Comment