Sunday, June 20, 2021

June 20, 2021: 12th Sunday of Ordinary Time

Out in a dark night on the plains of Eastern Colorado, just south of Burlington, on May 17, 2011, I watched a fierce storm with lots of lightning approach from the west.  I was with a storm chasing group.  As I saw the scene outside the window, I reached for a flashlight and for my Bible and opened to Job 38, a piece of which is today's first reading.

No matter how fierce the storms we encounter in life, we know that God is still powerfully present with us.  Our God demonstrates that He is above the storms, and they are still under His control.

We see this reality in a whole new way when Jesus comes to earth as fully man and fully God, and demonstrates God is among us like never before when He calms the storm on the Sea of Galilee.

Indeed, a new order of the ages has manifested itself, and so we are transformed to be a new Creation we enter into the Paschal Mystery, entrusting ourselves to God and walking in the ways of Him Who is truly Lord of Heaven and Earth.

1 comment:

  1. Very comforting words. After the storm of losing my parents it’s good to know God is in control.
    Maia

    ReplyDelete