Sunday, April 30, 2023

April 30, 2023: 4th Sunday of Easter/Good Shepherd Sunday

We have a Good Shepherd in Jesus, because He lay down His life for us, and continues to bring us life.

When He faced opposition for what He stood for, He submitted, and His obedience brought us back to the way of righteousness.

Indeed, in another analogy in John 10, Jesus describes Himself as the gate by which the sheep of His flock go on the path that leads to Life.

It is the glorious Gift of Life that rises from the Empty Tomb and comes alive in us.

With so many other voices around to distract us, let us draw close to the Good Shepherd Who knows us so closely, and follow His voice into Eternal Life, opening our hearts to this Life even now.

I am grateful for the many shepherds who followed in the way of Christ to guide me in faith, starting with Father Pacocha, who baptized me on his ordination anniversary.  As I mark the anniversary of my baptism at the end of this month, I have much to celebrate because of the ways Christ has led me through so many people and experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment