Sunday, June 11, 2023

June 11, 2023: Solemnity of the Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ

On this Little Easter, we have so much to celebrate, with today's Solemnity lauding the great gift of bread that has come from Heaven.

Jesus came to us as fully God and fully man in the incarnation.

And He Who was once dead is now alive forever and ever:  He continues to be closely present to us in the offering of His Most Holy Body and Blood, by which we enter Eternal Life now.

We can count on Him to provide for us.  He Who is the Bread of Life demonstrates to us what truly satisfies the deepest longings of our souls.

Furthermore, we are bound together as One in His Body because we share in the same bread and cup.  We are commissioned to be what we have consumed, to continue making Christ's Living Presence real in the world.

I think about occasions I've been celebrating recently, like my anniversaries of graduation from Julian Middle School and Valparaiso University.  Yesterday, I extended my celebration by visiting Father Kevin, attending Mass at his parish.  God has truly shown His goodness to me through so many, and has inspired me to be part of Church community to show His goodness to others.

In this goodness, we are truly alive!


No comments:

Post a Comment